How to avoid poisoning by carbon monoxideEvery winter many families have experiences near death due to poisoning by carbon monoxide. And sometimes people do not survive exposure to this poisonous gas in their homes.
How to avoid poisoning by carbon monoxide
Every winter many families have experiences near death due to poisoning by carbon monoxide. And sometimes people do not survive exposure to this poisonous gas in their homes. Carbon monoxide is colourless, odourless and difficult to detect. But a proper education and caution can help you avoid the shock and tragedy. You may also want: Selection of large carbon monoxide detectors.
Does carbon monoxide and symptoms of intoxication Carbon monoxide is produced by poor combustion of substances such as gas, gasoline, kerosene, coal, petroleum, tobacco or wood. Fireplaces, boilers, heaters or water heaters and household appliances that burn fuel, such as stoves or ovens in the kitchen or the kerosene heaters, can also produce it if they are not functioning well. The vehicles stopped with the engine running also fired. If you can breathe, even in moderate amounts, carbon monoxide can cause death by poisoning in a few minutes because it replaces oxygen in hemoglobin in the blood. Once breathed a very large amount of carbon monoxide (having a 75% carbon monoxide hemoglobin) the only way to survive is breathing pure oxygen. You may also want: How to detect carbon monoxide in your home.
Carbon monoxide is especially dangerous because of their special characteristics (what we have said before: it has no color, no smell and does not know anything). Because of carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms are sometimes confused with those of a current flu including headache, nausea, confusion, dizziness and fatigue. The tendency is to stay in bed when you feel so. But in the case of carbon monoxide poisoning, staying at home is the worst thing you can do. If you notice the effects of poisoning by carbon monoxide, get out immediately, in the open air, and seeking medical attention. How to avoid exposure to carbon monoxide The best way to prevent exposure to this gas is to have a carbon monoxide detector on each floor of your House and in the garage. An alarm can thus save your life, but only if pay you attention. If enabled, do not unplug it, out of the House and open all the doors and windows. Once out, flame the gas company or the fire department. They can come and check the levels of carbon monoxide in your home. You may also want: Best Carbon Monoxide Detector Comparison. There are several things you can do to avoid poisoning. For example, they have to do an annu
al review of all appliances that work with gas in your home. Do not heat the engine of your car or use tools to gasoline on the inside of your garage. Most people think that they are safe if they open the door of the garage. But when the inside of the garage air is hotter that the outside, then creates a thermal barrier that keeps the carbon monoxide inside. And that carbon monoxide can also filter inside the House. Renew regularly carbon monoxide detectors. All expire, usually to the five years of the date of manufacture. If you suspect that you’ve been poisoning by carbon monoxide, it seeks medical care. Many people think that if it simply goes out and it will be all good, but not really. It may take more than 24 hours away to our blood carbon monoxide. But this can be made much shorter to breathing pure oxygen.
Of considerable importance for safety purposes with regard to gas installations, or electronic sensors are little known and used in the civilian sector. Of considerable importance for safety at home, in relation to the gas stations, the detectors or sensors are still not very common in civilian applications. They are only used for central heating […]