Types and operation of smoke detectors
When designing a fire detection system should provide for a set of equipment which is able to detect and report the presence inside of a building elements such as smoke, flames and high temperatures.
These electronic devices detect the presence of fire based on physical phenomena associated with the development of the fire itself and must therefore be placed according to very precise rules, better indicated in the Uni 9795, where you can find the standard indications related to positioning of the sensors and devices.
There are various types of detectors, which are classified into three main categories:
heat detectors and temperature, that is, those sensitive to rising temperature in the environment;
Flame detectors, which are sensitive to the radiation emitted by the flames of a fire;
smoke detectors, those sensitive to particles of the products of combustion and/or pyrolysis suspended in the atmosphere, which are gathering, forming layers of smoke in the environment.
The smoke detectors are classified by their principle of operation. These are typically point and their placement in a space varies depending on the model and the range of individual items.
In particular their position must be such that smoke sources present in the environment to be monitored do not give rise to false alarms.
In fact, the detector must not be installed where they may be directly invested by aerosol products from some processes or products placed by air conditioning units, air flow ventilation.
In addition, the number of detectors must be determined so that the values are not exceeded (max) of floor area guarded by each sensor depending on the plant surface (S) and inclination (α) of the premises guarded.
The legislation establishes rules for the installation and maintenance of fire detection systems; of course the choice of detector is crucial for the protection of people and environments, because even a few seconds of delay in raising the alarm can be fatal.
Smoke and gas detectors: how they work and how to choose them
Smoke and gas detector is a device that checks for harmful gas to humans within enclosed spaces such as kitchens or service environments inside a House.
The set consists of a container filled with a readily gas and two components: one that acts as an anode and one that acts as the cathode.
The sensor is activated when this device detects the presence of a poisonous gas that triggers the alarm mechanism emits sound and light signals.
Gas detectors for professional and domestic use semi-open, detecting the presence of sulphur dioxide, carbon dioxide and methane gas and often provide for the automatic closing of the gas supply valve.
Must be installed by a trained technician, operation should be checked regularly and must be replaced after a maximum of 4-5 years.
In addition, the detectors can be easily connected to a domotic system or intrusion. Important is to position the detector away from any ventilation devices fixed to the ceiling, as the air that comes out of any gas disperses, distorting or even preventing detection.
If the floor is oblique or are there any canals or ravines, the detector shall be placed on the lower or profound, because those are the places where the gas will tend to accumulate.
Ionization smoke detectors
Ionization chamber smoke detectors are used in those places where you are not:
air humidity higher than 95%
development of vapours and gases
significant air currents
high concentrations of dusts
In fact, these systems are very sensitive in detecting fires with very slow combustion of materials with smoke and flue gases typical of paper, wood, rubber, plastics etc, especially when stacked.
The detector consists of two plates and charges from a radioactive source; the particles between the two plates ionize the air.
The normal condition, so in the absence of smoke, requires the presence of positive and negative charges.
They will be attracted to two plates in such a way as to form a small ionization current.
In case of fire, the molecules of smoke entering the room, neutralize these ions causing a lowering of the current. This variation is revealed by an electronic circuit that sends the signal to activate the alarm.
A company specialized in the production of such devices even in the industry is the Edwards Signaling.
Photoelectric smoke detectors
Smoke detectors in retroreflective sensor base their operation on the principle of darkening of the infrared beam, the device, caused by the presence of fumes.
They are particularly suitable for the protection of buildings with wide open spaces, such as cinemas, the atres, supermarkets, shopping centers, warehouses and hallways but also apartments and villas on several levels.
The transmitter sends a beam of infrared light at a high-efficiency reflector, which refers to the receiver. The analysis of the received signal determines the alarm condition.
The alignment of the detector is made easier by using a pointing device.
Inside a house or an apartment the device shall be placed in each environment, so as to guarantee maximum control condition.
A popular model, which generally must be applied to the ceiling, is that Vesta proposed by companies SD3. Very similar in form to traditional devices to the ionization, but differences in technology.
© 2018 metaldetectorsforgold.net All Rights Reserved.
- best fire detectors for home best fire detectors for home, They are small and easy to install, operate at battery, require very little maintenance and cost little money.
- Perimeter detection alarms effective life When we buy a security system with alarm for our property we are very interested in ensuring that no intruder enters into our property.
- Why may a smoke detector be you useful smoke detector will always be useful and here the advantages. Many times it is thought that fire victims die from the flames, but not so since many of them are killed by smoke inhalation.
- smoke_detectorsThe education of fire prevention Prevention is a key factor to prevent fires in the home. It is important to carry out campaigns aimed at students, with special emphasis on children aged between 10 and 12 years
- fire detectors – what types of fire detectors Fire detectors are important components of special safety systems. Let us see what types of fire detectors there are and understand how they work.
- How smoke detectors work by ionization Ionization smoke detection systems perceive variations in the stream of ions in the air, this variation is registered in the Chamber of the detector, and when there is a fire this sounds an alarm
- smoke and fire detectors Fire alarms systems, have become a security system for many people, either in their homes, businesses or companies. For many, the fires are a chaos of emergency that put in danger the lives of human beings and the structures which produces the same.
- Types and operation of smoke detectors When designing a fire detection system should provide for a set of equipment which is able to detect and report the presence inside of a building elements such as smoke, flames and high temperatures.
- What is the price of an alarm If we think to install an alarm for home or business sites where we will most certainly look is in the price of an alarm, When we think of installing a security system for our home or business
- How to connect smoke detectors more than 1/3 of all United States households are not protected by smoke detectors. Even more surprising is the fact that the mortality rate in homes without smoke detectors
- Different types of smoke detectors and features of each The fire is one of the elements that more problems have given to humanity when it is not controlled. The fire within an enclosure is very harmful because it destroys property and kill lives.
- fire detectors going off for no reason Fire alarm shuts off for no reason, In my house I have a fire alarm going off lately reason heights. Now I had to disassemble! How can this be, It can also give a false alarm without reasons
- Smoke detectors and cold Smoke detectors face special challenges when the weather becomes cold. Although the risk of household fires increases in the winter, so too does the risk of false alarms.
- fire alarm system Analog addressable fire alarm system Fire alarm system. By building a private network system, and adoption methods. Multiple levels of supply and monitoring process. Saving lives is the first consideration when fire broke out inside the buildings
- How do you change the battery in your smoke detectors with cable connection Wired smoke detectors are often the last line of Defense between a landlord and a fire in your home. Designed to make a loud alarm sound when smoke reaches a certain distance from your sensor
- Where Should I Put Smoke Detectors in My House Smoke detectors have been shown to save lives in the event of a structural fire. The effectiveness of a smoke detector depends on where it is placed.
- How to care for your smoke detectors As we have seen previously, smoke alarms are key in alarm systems, so fire system enterprises tend to be especially careful in the quality control of the products offered to the public.
- How electrical smoke detectors work? Smoke detectors must be notified people of fire in moments in which cannot notice otherwise, such as when they are asleep. The device sounds an alarm to warn people of the danger, giving them enough time to evacuate the building.
- Smoke detectors or how to avoid major headaches Most of us associate the smoke detectors with hotels or shops of the shopping centers. But few do it with the private homes. The truth is that the smoke detectors